This is the first year that we actually got sugar cookies made for Valentine's day. I tried out a new recipe for the cookies and they were awesome! Just like a sugar cookie should taste.
I changed the cooking temperature to 350 and about 9 minutes, I just watched them until they were still soft, but would bounce back when I touched them lightly. I like my sugar cookies soft.
Here's the recipe:
Ingredients
* 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
* 2 cups white sugar
* 4 eggs
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 5 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1 teaspoon salt
Directions
1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
We also made homemade icing! This is one of my favorite icing recipes. It is pretty rich though. I just use what ever milk I have sitting around. It seems to work pretty well with regular food coloring. And I do it by hand, because we don't have a mixer, it turns out fine.
Ingredients
* 3 cups confectioners' sugar
* 1 cup butter
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 to 2 tablespoons whipping cream
Directions
In a standing mixer fitted with a whisk, mix together sugar and butter. Mix on low speed until well blended and then increase speed to medium and beat for another 3 minutes.
Add vanilla and cream and continue to beat on medium speed for 1 minute more, adding more cream if needed for spreading consistency.
No comments:
Post a Comment