- We decided to store formula even though our kids are breast fed. You never know where you are going to be when disaster strikes, so we felt it was better to have a back up plan for the baby. I’ve always been able to find someone who is willing to take the formula after my baby wouldn’t need it any more.
- We rotate our diapers every time the child can fit in the next size up, even if we are still using the smaller size on a day to day basis. That way the smaller size can still be used by us.
- I keep my hand pump close at hand and an extra nursing cover in my 72 hour kit. (Here are instructions for making one on my sewing blog.) If I were to get separated from my child, I would need a way to pump. If I need to pump or nurse in a public place, the nursing cover is going to be really handy.
- I also keep a baby carrier in my 72 hour kit. I have this sweet little carrier that is made just from a piece of cloth. (pretty much it's about 5 yards of cloth cut in thirds the long way. I can't find the link for instructions on how to wear it. If anyone is interested I'll post a tutorial on my sewing blog.) That way my hands can be free and I can walk distances with the baby in the carrier and not in my arms. When the baby is older I can use the same carrier to carry the toddler on my hip.
Recipes used by the aspiring queen herself. Who needs a cook when you can do it yourself?
Monday, January 19, 2009
Thoughts about Babies and 72-hour kits.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I would love a pattern for a baby carrier if you can find one - something like the native baby carrier? or the one that straps them over the shoulders and around the waist?
Post a Comment